FAC Committee Members Natalie Waldburger and Ilene Sova are the Toronto Regional Coordinators for The Feminist Art Project out of Rutgers University.
“The Feminist Art Project is an international collaborative initiative celebrating the Feminist Art Movement and the aesthetic, intellectual and political impact of women on the visual arts,art history and art practice, past and present.
The Feminist Art Project is a strategic intervention against the ongoing erasure of women from the cultural record.
The Feminist Art Project re-focuses public attention on the signal achievements of the Feminist Art Movement and shines a spotlight on current feminist art influences, trends and accomplishments.”
For more details visit the website:
Through our activities with FAC we will fulfill the following TFAP responsibilities:
TFAP REGIONAL COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and initiate lectures, classes, events, exhibitions and other programs that advance TFAP’s mission to recognize the aesthetic and intellectual impact of women on the visual arts and culture .
• Make contact with individuals, artists, museums, galleries, academic institutions and arts agencies across your region informing them of the existence of The Feminist Art Project(TFAP), our mission and resources available on our website.
• Encourage organizers of exhibitions and projects already underway to go our website and post their events on the TFAP calendar and use our logo on their printed material and electronic announcements. Let them know about the TFAP archives and importance of inclusion.
• Recruit and develop a committee of volunteers to join you in your efforts.
• Be a conduit for interested website visitors seeking general information or interested in being involved with a local TFAP group.
• Call for regular networking and planning meetings held in person or virtually through telephone conference calls with interested participants in your area. Maintain a mailing/e-list for this purpose.
To promote your feminist art event on TFAP email your event details to: email@example.com.
We will also promote your event via our social media networks on our twitter, facebook and tumblr accounts.